With an initial goal to become the Bay Area’s most reputable youth development and enrichment center, not only has the Academy advanced skateboarding within the area, but the program has empowered the youth community at social and anthropological level in regards to:
- Increased self-confidence and self-confidence domains such as self-efficacy and self-understanding.
- Enhanced psychological well being.
- Increased ability to overcome challenges.
- Positively impact on leadership competencies
- Enhanced decision making skills , general problem solving competencies and personal achievements.
- Increased personality dimensions such as assertiveness, emotional stability, achievement motivation, internal focus of control, maturity, and reductions in aggression and neurosis.
- Improved mental strength and interpersonal dimensions such as social competence, cooperation and interpersonal communication skills.
The Academy provides all children and teens in schools K to 12th grade with a safe and healthy safe space for learning how to deal with their emotions and where they come from. Learning such tools help them make informed decisions about their health and well-being and encourages them to lead healthy, active lives.
To date, the Academy has involvement with over 38,000 young people via partnerships with the San Francisco school districts including Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward, San Francisco, Richmond & Union City, Seneca Schools, and Visions Home Schools.
The principles and pedagogical approaches that define the Rob Skate Program promote healthy-school principles and practices in all of the areas noted above. Children’s learning in the frames of “belonging and contributing” and “self-regulation and well-being” is focused on knowledge and skills related to health and well-being.
The Rob Skate Academy has been around since 2008 building curriculums with professors, principles and city staff that has found its way to being implemented at the county level and now has classes in tons of elementary, middle and high schools, Juvenile Halls, continuation schools and more.
HOW IT WORKS
All participants must be willing to commit on a monthly basis (no exceptions)
All students will have access to Wifi for their classroom assignments. They are to bring their own computer (they may leave it here with us for safe keeping) along with their online class schedule. We will then create a daily schedule that fits their needs.
The day will consist of mandatory study time and classroom time. There will be a school schedule that alters daily with extra curricular learning.
Our staff will be teaching, helping with homework, study sessions and keeping the students accountable.
All participants will be taking the Rob Skate Mindfulness class that was created for schools and currently used nation wide.
On this journey all students will explore their passion(s) and learn how to master that craft and turn it into a business (class lead by Rob).
- Additional classes (we encourage all however you must pick 1):
– Wood shop (ramp building and fabrication)
– Metal Shop (welding and cutting)
– Aviation (learn to become a pilot)
– Astronomy (Our galaxy and beyond)
– Science (How to use a microscope and the formation of Cells)
– More TBA Soon!
In addition to the learning we are a skatepark so all students will have time to skate daily for their exercise.
There will be snack and lunch breaks through out the day with healthy food options
Lastly all students will have to follow our strict safety and health guidelines to participate (please reach out to learn more).
Unfortunately there are limited spots available so if this is something you and your child are interested in please contact as soon as possible so we can get your child enrolled and begin this new way of learning.